Durham College graduates are the choice of employers
Durham College is a leader in skilled trades, offering nearly 20 apprenticeship programs and more than 100 market-driven programs. The College currently has more than 8,700 full-time students and over 1,400 apprentices. In fact, more than 20,000 registered apprentices have completed various levels of in-school apprenticeship training at the College since it opened.
- Applied Sciences
- Skilled Trades & Technology
- Information Technology & Management
- Career Development & Continuing Education
- Communication, Language & General Studies
- Health & Community Services
- Justice & Emergency Services
- Media, Art & Design.
Expansion of Facilities
Durham College Whitby Campus is undergoing a 3-phase $40 million expansion. Highlights of the new expansion include:
Phase 1 (completed in 2009):
- New renewable energy training facility with renewable energy equipment and training in a living laboratory environment focused on geothermal technology systems, solar cell systems and solar water heating.
Phase 2 (completed in 2011):
- Expanded shop area for student use and programs focused on green building trades and technology.
- New energy labs & classrooms
- Two new residental learning labs - give students a sense of the many changes happening in the construction and building trades sector.
Phase 3 (under construction):
- New 36,000 square foot Centre For Food building designed to accommodate approximately 900 new students pursuing careers in the culinary, hospitality, tourism and agriculture sectors. This new learning centre will feature state-of-the-art labs, classrooms and meeting spaces, and a full-service, green-certified teaching restaurant and lounge, which will be open to the public.
- Centre for Food building completed in October 2013. Gardens and landscaping scheduled for completion in 2014.
Corporate Training Services (CTS)
The College's Corporate Training Services (CTS) provides customized training to organizations and individuals. Business training, driver training, technical training and e-learning solutions are offered.
Read about Durham College's innovation and commercialization services.