A choice location to major markets in Canada and US
Whitby is situated close to a number of major 400 series highways.
- A multi-lane freeway across south Whitby.
- Provides access east to the Ontario-Quebec border and west to Windsor-Detroit, a stretch of over 800 km (500 miles).
Highway 407 East (Now Open):
- A 4-lane publicly-owned toll highway across North Whitby, between Whitby and Brooklin.
- Connects to Highway 407 ETR through the rest of the GTA, and connects east through Oshawa.
- Construction on an extension to Highway 35/115 is expected to be complete in 2020.
Highway 412 (Now Open):
- Part of the Highway 407 East project.
- A 4-lane north-south highway linking Highway 407 to Highway 401 in West Whitby, with interchanges at Dundas Street West, Taunton Road, and Highway 7.
Highway 401 also provides links to major US border points with connections to:
- I-75 serving Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida
- I-90 and I-91 serving New York and the eastern seaboard
- I-94 serving Illinois, Indiana, Iowa
Click on the image below to open and/or print the map.
Other accessible highways in Whitby include:
- Highway 2 & 7- as an alternative route to Toronto and eastern destinations
- Highway 12 - as a gateway to northern cottage country and many towns and cities